- Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, including NCGA employees, members and state association members and state checkoff association employees and the families of any of the above. All photos must relate to the contest categories in some way.
- Photos will be ranked by the public online at Fields-of-Corn.com All photos in each category will be judged by NCGA staff focused on journalism, marketing, advertising and agriculture with no discrimination towards sex, race, gender or age. The panel's decisions are final.
- A category may be eliminated if fewer than 6 entrants participate in that category. If the decision is made to cancel a category, any photos within that category will be reassigned to a different category
- All entries and their copyrights will become the property of NCGA and none will be acknowledged or returned. Photos will not be returned and will be used to build a photo library for use by NCGA, its state affiliates and any other permittee of NCGA. Such photos may be used to illustrate newspapers, newsletters, magazines, brochures, other publications and social media. Such photos may also be used in connection with advertising, promotions and displays, may be displayed on the internet or may be used for any other purpose as NCGA, its state affiliates, or any other permittee of NCGA sees fit.
- Only high-quality digital images are eligible for entry. Digital photographs must be captured in high-resolution jpeg format, min. 3000 pixels wide. RGB. Digital images must be submitted through www.Fields-of-Corn.com. Emailed images or sent through social media will not be accepted.
- Photo may be color or black/white. We reserve the right to place your photo in a category other than the one submitted.
- Photos with embedded text or logos/watermarks will not be accepted.
- Photos generated or altered through Artificial Intelligence (AI) software will not be accepted.
- There is no limit on how many photos can be submitted. You may not submit a single photo multiple times including different categories. Only one prize will be awarded to an entrant. You many not enter the same photo from another contest year.
- You are responsible for obtaining permission from any person(s) or their guardian(s) appearing in the photograph.
- Submit your photograph through www.Fields-of-Corn.com.
- If you are a minor (under 18 years of age), your parent/legal guardian's permission is required when you register your account.
- Photographs and entry information must be entered through www.Fields-Of-Corn.com by November 30, 2023.
- All submissions must be unpublished photographs and solely created by the submitting entrant, that do not infringe on the intellectual property, copyright, or right of privacy of any third party, and have not been submitted in any other competition. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed inappropriate for publication, is ineligible.
- Judging: Eligible entries will be judged by NCGA staff selected by Sponsor. Judging will be based on the following criteria, with each criterion to be given equal consideration: photographic quality, visual appeal, and appropriateness. In the case of a tie, tied entries will be judged based on entry with the highest score received for photographic quality.
- Parent or Legal Guardian of contest winner grants NCGA permission to publish the photo, child's name and hometown on the website and any additional publications announcing winners. Child's address and phone number will not be published, nor will we share your child's information with any third parties, should a child under 18 years of age be a contest winner.
- NCGA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this contest should any causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of such contest. NCGA reserves the right to correct any and all printing, typographical, or mechanical errors.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email after judging in January of 2024.
- Winners must provide identification and proof of eligibility if requested. Winners must accept terms of contest before prize is released. If terms are not accepted within 30 days of first notification, prize package will be forfeited.
- Other than the photographs, the information you submit to the NCGA will not be shared with third parties. NCGA may reach out to winners to obtain permission for interviews with media.
- By participating, entrant (and if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian, on behalf of themselves and minor) agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
- Prizes will be distributed in Visa Gift Cards. Prizes are not transferable. All local, state and federal taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Statement of Understanding of Contest Rules:
I acknowledge that I am the sole owner of the submitted photo(s). NCGA and its affiliated state associations retain all rights to photograph(s). NCGA reserves the right to use the entries to build a photo library for use by NCGA, its state affiliates, and any other permittee of NCGA. Such photos may be used in newspapers, magazines, brochures, publications, and social media.
Such photos may also be used in connection with advertising promotions and displays, may be displayed on the Internet, or may be used for any other purpose as NCGA, its state affiliates or any other permittee of NCGA sees fit.
I understand that a committee will choose the winners of this contest and all decisions are final. I understand that my photo(s) will not be considered without the proper entry form and I have secured permission to use photos by each person in the photo and by the property owner.
I understand that the Official NCGA Photo Contest Rules govern this contest and I have read and agree to abide by them.
NOTE: If the entrant is less than 18 years old the parent or legal guardian of the entrant: the parent/legal guardian entrant understands that the official NCGA Photo Contest Rules govern this contest and I have read and agree to abide by them.
PERMISSION TO USE PICTURES:
AGREEMENTS OF THOSE APPEARING IN PHOTOS AND PROPERTY OWNER:
a) We permit the use of any printed and screen material in connection therewith.
We acknowledge and agree that NCGA intends to keep the photographs we submit to it in its photo library indefinitely. NCGA, its state affiliates, and any other permittee of NCGA may use such photographs from time to time in connection with advertising, promotions, displays, or may publish them in any newspaper, newsletter, magazine, brochure or other publication and social media, may display them on the Internet or use them for any other purpose.
b) We hereby relinquish any right that we may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed material that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
c) We hereby release, discharge, and agree to save harmless NCGA, its legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under NCGA’s permission or authority, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be created in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
d) We hereby affirm that we are over the age of majority and have the right to contract in our name. We have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; we fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon each of us and our respective heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
PERMISSION INFORMATION OF THOSE IN PHOTOS: