Calling All Photographers
The entry period is closed for the 2016 photo contest.
Voting by Facebook-liking continues through December 31.
Now on it's third year, the National Corn Growers Association has called on photographers to help tell the story of farming field corn in America.
To all of the 2016 entrants; first-timers and the many from 2014 and 2015 who returned to share again:
More than 300 high-resolution photos were entered from March to November. From growing corn from seed to harvest, the women and men who grow it, families, conservation practices, the beauty and the challenges on the farm – you're providing the story of farming in America for those removed. Thank you!
PS: Voting through December, Winners to be announced in January – New Contest Year begins March 1, 2017
One winner will be selected from the five categories or most popular.
A first-place winner will be selected for each category and "liked" photo.
A second-place winner will be selected for each category and the second most "liked" photo.
A third-place winner will be selected for each category and the third most "liked" photo.
- Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, including NCGA employees, members and state association members and state checkoff association employees and the families of any of the above. All photos must relate to the contest categories in some way.
- Photos will be ranked by the public, online via Facebook "Likes." All photos in each category will be judged by an impartial panel of professionals in the fields of journalism, marketing, advertising and agriculture with no discrimination towards sex, race, gender or age. The panel's decisions are final.
- All entries and their copyrights will become the property of NCGA and none will be acknowledged or returned. Photos will not be returned and will be used to build a photo library for use by NCGA, its state affiliates and any other permittee of NCGA. Such photos may be used to illustrate newspapers, newsletters, magazines, brochures or other publications. Such photos may also be used in connection with advertising, promotions and displays, may be displayed on the Internet or may be used for any other purpose as NCGA, its state affiliates, or any other permittee of NCGA sees fit.
- Photo may be color or black/white. We reserve the right to crop your photos if needed. We reserve the right to place your photo in a category other than the one submitted. Please send good-quality photos only. Photos with embedded text or logos will not be accepted.
- Only high-quality digital images are eligible for entry. Digital photographs must be captured in high-resolution jpeg format, 300 dpi at minimum 7" in either direction, rgb, or cmyk. Digital images must be submitted through www.Fields-of-Corn.com. Emailed images will not be accepted.